Review for Jamie and Premier / Platinum Auto Gallery / Older name that I don’t recall

You need to know what it is that your buying, and I emphasis “you”. Car dealers move inventory, cars come in and the dealers job is to sell the car so that to make room for the next round of cars that come in. If you want a car that 99% problem free, anti up and buy new. If you want a used car that is likely to be problem free, again anti up and pay a premium for low mileage or again at a dealership which will offer certified pre-owed at an extra cost. Now if you want to save money, then you take on the risk of likely getting a car with high mileage and or one that has been in an accident. Premier Auto deals specifically with this type of vehicle. This isn’t a scam, it’s a niche product that this dealer deals with, and this type of auto inventory while cheaper, comes whit a higher risk. And now back to my first statement, you need to know for yourself what it is that you are buying. High mileage cars will break down, this may happen 10k km down the road or the first week of ownership. The dealership only needs to show you the car fax and disclose what it knows about the vehicle, the rest is up to you. If you are going to lay down 2, 5, 10, 15, or 20 K dollars on a used car that is being offered significantly cheaper than other dealerships because it has high miles and or has been in an accident, spend the extra 200-500 dollars and have your mechanic check out the vehicle before you buy it. And if it breaks down in a week, know that the dealer who sold you the car is not at fault. (unless he hid something from you, but if you did your homework you should uncover everything you need to know before handing over your cash)

I bought a car from Jamie at premiere last October and in my experience he did everything he needed to do to sell me the car. He gave me a price on my trade in (more on that later) gave me the car fax, and set a price for the deal that I agreed with. He allowed me to take the vehicle for my own inspection and consistently said to make sure that this was the right vehicle for me and that I needed to be comfortable with the car. I was not pressured at all and he worked with me the whole way. I was in the drivers seat for this deal, he just facilitated it. My car was it was high mileage (130k) and had a $15K insurance claim on it, but the result was it was around $8-10K cheaper than anywhere else in Canada. I did my research, and entered into the deal, which involved securing a second key from Jamie after the purchase, and I’m happy to say that Jamie delivered this key as promised a month later. So overall I am very happy with my transaction, mostly because I’ve now put 15k on this car and knock on wood nothing has broken down. But if the tranny did go, it would not have been the dealers fault, things do fail.

Now here is the real value add to Premiere Auto, they deal in high mileage and accident cars, this is their bread and butter, they need high mileage inventory, and as such, my experience showed that Primiere offered by far the greatest trade in value on my old high mileage car. I got well over 100% more for my trade in at Premier than anybody else was offering, so this made my deal that much sweeter. I’m not saying you will get the same deal, but give them a try with your old high mileage trade in, you might be pleasantly surprised, I certainly was.

So I would recommend Premier Auto, but please, please, please, don’t be cheep, spend a couple of hundred dollars (from the thousands that you are likely saving) and have the car checked out first, and if you don’t, don’t go blaming Premier for selling you car that breaks down, all car will eventually.

Remember there is no such thing as problem free in the used car world, Your getting a deal from these guys for a reason do your homework before you hand over your hard earned cash. Especially on a cars with 200k + KM’s or that have accident histories.

POST SCIPT: After writing this, it seems the company changed its name again and it continues getting bad reviews. I stand by what I said, but am somewhat concerned about all the name changes it just changed to Premium from something else when I dealt with them (Oct 2012) and now it is Platinum Auto Gallery however same guys and the same review on my end.

Had an Experience with Platinum Auto Gallery?

Comments

Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada #628151

FF, no not Jamie, but I did promise Jamie that I would write an honest report of what I experienced dealing with him and his the dealership he works for. I was honestly not very comfortable buying the car I did from him especially given the very bad reviews that i read about his dealership, hence the offer to write the review once I made the deal with him. You are right it was Premium something (not Premiere)which when I dealt with him had just changed to platimum auto gallery (late Oct 2012) when they were moving to a new location. I promised to write the review as a negotiating tactic to get him to meet my price, I did not say what I would write, simply that I would write what I experienced. and I will be honest I was pretty unsure about buying the car, so much so that I walked away after spending 2 hours test driving and checking it out. 2 weeks later the price of the car was lowered and I went back, did my full research bought the car and now 5 months later and 15k km on the car later I am happy and wrote this report as promised, albeit quite a bit latter (took way less than an hour ). I got the name wrong as I first wrote the report and then went to post it only then finding the name I remembered to be wrong. One thing that did come to mind after posting is why Jamie or the Owner of this outfit has not responded to any of theses complaints, Jamie knows people are trashing him on here. Because as far as I can tell nobody here has in any detail explained why they felt...

Message to Jamie: I think I have done my part, and I feel the best hing to do would be for you to come a spend at least the same time I have and write some responses to these jokers on here. State what your company did wrong, as obviously there seems to be some matters with the regulators according to these reviews. Explain why the name change and location change (provide details on past and present names and locations so nobody thinks your hiding) and just shut these people up. Own what was done wrong, provide info on what you are doing or have done to correct it and move on. Silence on your end is likely not the best thing here.

Good luck everybody, and DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK BEFORE HANDING OVER YOUR HARD EARNED CASH!!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #628140

OK SO THE COMMENT BELOW COME STRAIGHT FROM MR JAMIE, WHAT A LOSER!SITS DOWN AND TYPES A PAGE.

NO ONE IS EVER HAPPY DEALING WITH THESE GUYS. THEY HAVE TREMENDOUS NUMBER OF COMPLAINS AT OMVIC AND THEY WILL BE SHUT DOWN SOON.

HE JUST DOESN'T SELL *** ALL AND HAS FREE TIME TO WRITE NICE THINGS ABOUT HIMSELF AND LETS CLEAN SOMETHING IT IS NOT PREMIER AUTO, IT IS PREMIUM WHEELS YOU GUYS RIP PEOPLE OFF AND YOU THINK IT'S RIGHT.IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER THE XC70 WON THE CASE OR NOT, WHAT MATTERS IS YOU GUYS MADE ME TO GO TO COURT AGAINST YOU AND WASTE MY TIME AND MONEY *** YOURSELF JAMIE, GO TO ***

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #628133

These guys are scam artists, stay away from them, "quality cars for a fraction of the price" bull fcuckin sheeeeeit ,they should be closed. disgusting people. STAY AWAY FROM PLATINUM AUTO GALLERY